- Upstate's Got Talent
Upstate's Got Talent
Think you’ve got what it takes to be crowned the Upstate’s top talent? Whether you are a musician, dancer, comedian, or have another talent, join us for the first round of auditions! Winner will perform at the 2021 Spring Festival. Hosted by Jason Schroder.
- Mike Elis
- Benji Greeson
- Ariel Robinson
- Clay Page (Guest Judge)
- Jeff Gates (Guest Judge)
- Judging is based off the following criteria:
- Preparedness: Act is well rehearsed; brought props and other necessities; act memorized song, words, or choreography.
- Stage Presence: Act is confident, energetic, and engages with the audience; act is poised and professional; act feels free to show their emotions and appears to be enjoying performing; attire is neat and appropriate for the performance.
- Creativity: The act is unique, exciting, and memorable; demonstrates personality and originality.
- Appropriateness: The act is appropriate in content and language and may be viewed by a diverse audience; act shows respect to the audience and other performers.
- Delivery/Quality: Act performs at a skill level that is impressive; there are no/few mistakes; act is consistently in tune with good tone and timing; moves are polished.
- Judging at Audition Shows
- Winner is determined using the top 5 aggregate scores of judges
- Audience selection of the 6th contestant to move on based on popular vote
- 6 performers move on per show
- Judging at Final Shows
- Winner is determined by audience selection
- 6 are eliminated after the first show
- 3 are eliminated after the second show
- Winner determined at third show